Danny Shaban, MD (OB/GYN/Surgeon)
“What I find most gratifying about my work is the continuity of care I’m able to provide.”
Board-certified Obstetrician/ Gynecologist & Surgeon
Born and raised in Richmond, Virginia, Dr. Shaban founded Dominion Women’s Health, Inc. in 2002 where he is happy to call his home. He believes in establishing relationships with his patients so he can address the individual concerns of each person. He enjoys being able to see the patient through the problem and provide the best resolution for the patient. He is passionate about treating his patients like family and loves welcoming newborn babies into the world. Dr. Shaban treats all pregnancies including high risk individuals. Treatment of gynecological health is just as important. Identifying causes and treatment for abnormal bleeding, fibroids, endometriosis along with providing solutions for hormone replacement options are his specialties. Read patient reviews about Dr. Shaban and leave one of your own to share your experience.
- President and Founder of Dominion Women’s Health, Inc.
- Director of Minimally Invasive Robotic Surgery for Intuitive Surgical Epicenter
- Director of Richmond’s Epicenter training for Robotic Surgery nationally
- Recognized for compassionate care among his patients
- Bon Secours Memorial Regional Medical Center, Mechanicsville, Virginia
- Bon Secours St.Mary’s Hospital, Richmond, Virginia
- Bon Secours St.Francis Medical Center, Midlothian, Virginia
- Henrico Doctors’ Hospital, Richmond, Vriginia
- Johnston-Willis Hospital, Richmond, Virginia
Virginia Commonwealth University, Richmond, VA
Ross University School of Medicine, New York, NY
Internship and Residency
Bronx Lebanon Hospital Center in Bronx, N.Y.
OB/GYN Resident/Administrative Chief
- ACOG: American College of Obstetrics and Gynecology
- American Heart Association, Advanced Cardiac Life Support Provider
Credentials and Memberships
- AMA: American Medical Association
- American Association of Gynecologic Laparoscopists
- American Institute of Ultrasound in Medicine
- Center of Excellence for Minimally Invasive Gynecology designation
- Memorial Regional Medical Center Credentialing Committee
- Richmond Academy of Medicine
Other Languages Spoken
Arabic & Spanish
Dr. Shaban is published and has written multiple articles including, but not limited to: The Knowledge and the Use of Birth Control in the Year 2000; The Future Needs of Minority Women, Incidence of Spontaneous Abortion in Teenage Minority Women the Knowledge and Use of Emergency Contraception in Minority Women.